Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 2: Life moves On

I awoke at 9 a.m today to the gentel cold breeze of the Morning. I told myself I am going to work out and accompanied my mother to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve to have a hike along it's forest paths so we (the whole family) can have some exercise. We dragged my brother along too! Kudos! Armed with both water bottles and towels, we took her van to the destination. It was a huge place and we purposely choose a long track. We experienced up-slopes of up to 250 continous steps and steepy, dangerous down-slopes. It was a good workout. The air in the forest was brisk and refreshing, it filled our lungs with all the goodness and renewed vigor.

Occasionally as we walked along the path, we came across clearings that overlooked the whole of Bukit Timah Nature Reserves and the civilisation beyond and it was a breathtaking sight that filled my heart with awe. This sorts of natural views gave me the courage to let go and move on with the relationship I have with WGLP.

Now, its was not an easy walk but when it was over, the experience was well worthit. Tired but it doesn't matter. It was fulfilling. You know how you get the feeling that after you have done a certain feat, you realise that the possibilities to go on to achieve greater things are achievable? That was how I felt. After the hike we proceed over to the Bukit Timah Market where there are rows and rows of endless foodstalls and varieties for us to choose. We bought 3 plates of Wanton mee, 3 plates of Dou hua and shared a plate of white Chai tou Kway. When we reached home, it was already 12.30 p.m.

After bathing, I came online. This was when I saw that WGLP MSN nickname had a (Ter Kit Theung Chan mai?) in it. Ter = You, Kit Theung = Miss, Chan = me, mai is usually used as a ending word for a question. I replied her "Yes, Phom Kit Theung Ter" meaning Yes, I miss you. I think because of that, She changed nickname... *Im such a loser! Her nickname in MSN changed to "Jer pai Krung Thep, Jer pai Kab chan mai?". Ja/Jer = going to, pai = go, Krung Thep = Bangkok, Kab = with, Chan = me, mai... well it is already written on top. Meaning she is going to Bangkok, anyone wants to go with her? I replied yes, I would love to. Then she said it is unconfirmed yet as everyone was busy. We didnt speak again after that.

Well you can imagine I was very free at that time. Still there are things to settle and The Goals to meet so I might as well spend my time well. I decided to research my way to a good Resume and Cirriculum Vitae as I needed to get a job to pass my time. In the meantime, I decided to also find a Thai friend with which to pick up the Thai language and I found a forum with a chatroom and many pleasant Thai citizens and expat with whom to chat with. This is the link.
http://english-thai-dictionary.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=e913710558c18a0dbfb66ec338bcbf22&action=pfchat

Through the grace of god, I met a person who goes by the name of Oil. Immediately, Oil became my Shi Fu in my quest to yak lean pood pasa Thai. yak = want to, lean = learn, pood = speak, pasa thai = Thai language. We spoke online through MSN and I struggled to maintain a conversation in Thai. Oil was very patient and whenever I could not continue a conversation, I will ask what would the next sentence be spoken like in thai and give a english word. These happen during the entire conversation and still, Oil would translate it for me. If I keep this up, I think I will be able to speak really good given a few weeks. I am glad I have a friend like Oil. I can't help but think back to WGLP. She have this friend whom she has told me knew in her previous school who also goes by the name of Oil. I seriously wonder if it is the same person, because the Oil I knew is in Thailand and she is in Krung Thep. Maybe WGLP want to contact Oil and confirm this? Hmmm....

Anyway... Last week (the day she wanted to separate), I joined my family for dinner, we decided to exercise the next week. Hence we went to the community center and decided to book the badminton hall for a Badminton session. I think its a good thing to once again be able to spend quality time with family doing things like playing Badminton instead of locking myself in my room and enjoying the air-conditioning all the time. The session will be on this Sunday from 4 p.m to 5 p.m.

I guess there was a message from God to me all these while. When you have lost something, you see the problems in all the others. I saw the problem in my whole life. I have finally got the hidden messages.

"Do your best and God will do the rest" - Wu Gui Lao po



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home