Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 3: I'll soldier on! Mai mee pan Ha!

Woke up at noon today. Decided to work out at 6.30 and asked mom to prepare dinner at 4.30p.m to 5p.m. Probably going to play Basketball with the other guys downstairs and come home at 10p.m. What do I do in my meantime? Work towards The Goals of course!

Decided to get my Cirriculum Vitae done and improved. It is now updated with the results from my past six semesters and under the achievement section, I added "made it to the Academic Roll of Honours for AY07/08 semester 2". This will be sent to any prospective employer. I hope to start earning some money and carry on my plans for the future.


As I worked towards these goals, I remember another small target I set myself yesterday. That is to master speaking in Thai in 51 days. From tomorrow onwards, I will only be left with 49. I believe I can achieve my targets. Yesterday I could not even hold a conversation in Thai with those people I met in the chatroom, I think it got better today. Lets see weather I can recap what I have learnt...
Khrup/Kaa --> Polite word for guys/girls.
Sawadee --> Greetings
Ter pen yang rai bang? --> How are you?
Khun sa bai dee rue? --> How are you?
Phom sa bai dee Khrup. --> Im good.
Khob khun Khrup --> Thank you.
Phom ma chrag patae Singapore Khrup --> Im from Singapore
Khun ma jak nai? --> Where are you from?
Khun cheu arai? --> Whats your name?
Phome cheu Chee Han Khrup --> My name is Chee Han
Khun kam lung tam arai yhu? --> What are you doing now?
Ter kin khao lur yang? --> Have you eaten?
Phom kin laew --> I have eaten.
Phom Kid mai ork --> I have no idea.
Phom pai dern len --> Im going for a walk.
Mai mee pan ha --> No problem.
Mee pan ha arai? --> What is your problem?
Hed pon --> Reason
Jai yen yen --> Relax
Mai ben rai --> Your welcome
Khun pood pasa ang grit dai mai? --> Do you speak english?
Kor tod --> Could mean: Excuse me or Sorry.
Hong naam --> Toilet
Yu ti nai --> Where?
Yu ti nee --> Here.
Khun suei mak Khrup --> Your very beautiful
Ter suei Jing Jing --> Your very beautiful
Khun lorr mak Kaa --> Your very handsome
Khun Narak mak Khrup --> Your very cute
Khun tam ngan arai? --> What is your job?
Kroo --> Teacher
Khun ar you tao rai Khrup? --> How old are you?
Ar sai --> Live
Khun pen sot reu-plau --> Are you single?
Sot --> Single
Khun me faen reu yang? --> Do you have a girlfriend?
Khun yak pai tiaw gab phom mai? --> Would you like to go out with me?
Pen faen gab phom mai? --> Would you be my girlfriend?
Kuen nee --> Tonight
Khun wang mai Khrup? --> Are you free?
Kuen nee jer-gan dai mai? --> Can I see you tonight?
Sexy --> Sek-see
Tao rai --> How much?
Ja jer-gan dee mong dee --> What time would you like to meet?
nHuay --> Tired
Young mai set --> Have to go on working a little
Tang ngan --> Marry
Tam ngan --> Work
Yang --> Yet
Non --> Sleep
Lub --> Sleep
Fun dee --> Dreams
waan --> Sweet
Lub fun dee --> Sweet dreams
Ra tee sa wad --> Good night
Klang wan --> Day
Klang kuen --> Night
Kuen nee --> Tonight
Wan nee --> Today
Ja --> Going to or will
Krung Thep --> Bangkok
Ja pai yang? --> Shall we go yet?
Wan jan --> Monday
Wan ang karn --> Tuesday
Wan put --> Wednesday
Wan pa rue hat --> Thursday
Wan suk --> Friday
Wan sao --> Saturday
Wan ar tit--> Sunday
Soon --> 0
Neng --> 1
Song --> 2
Sam --> 3
See --> 4
Ha --> 5
Hock --> 6
Jet --> 7
Phat --> 8
Kao --> 9
Sip --> 10
Sip ed --> 11
Sip song --> 12
Yee sip --> 20
Yee sip ed --> 21
Yee sip song --> 22
Yee sip sam --> 23
Sam sip ed --> 31
See sip ed --> 41
Ha sip ed --> 51
Neng roi --> 100
Song roi --> 200
Neng pan --> 1000
Jep --> Hurt
Chob --> Like
Duang ta --> Eye balls
Phom chob duang ta kong khun --> I like your eyes
Set laew --> Finish or done
La gon --> Goodbye
Mak mak --> So much
Pam yak lean pood pasa thai --> I want to learn to speak thai
Wang wa khun mai yang? --> I hope you are not too busy.
Mai --> No
Not --> Mai chai
Bang --> Ending word for (yang rai) --> How?
Phom kit theung ter --> I missed you

Hmmm.... my compilation so far. If I master all these I should be able to have a decent chat with a stranger. Besides learning thai and finishing up my Cirriculum vitae, I also wanted to work out in the evening so I had a 4.30p.m dinner. Tonight work-out was one of the best I ever had so far. I cant be stopped. Whenever I wanted the ball in the basket, the ball gets in the basket. It felt good to play well. The experience of having shots go in one after another was unbelievable. The weight and responsibility of getting points for the team rested on my shoulders and the responsibilities felt good.

Came back home, had a little snack of fish soup, typed this Blog entry. I think Im done for the day. God please bless me. Give me the courage to carry on with life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home