Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 4: Inspiration from a Friend

Woke up at 8.30 a.m today feeling super lethargic. Mom wanted me to company her to Bukit Timah Nature Reserves and I was too tired to answer and ended up sleeping again. I think she was quite pissed.

Woke up at 9.00 a.m and nobody was home. Immediately gave a call to my mom to ask where she was. She told me she was in the van, halfway to the Nature Reserve and I told her to count me in on the trip. She made a U-turn back for me. I broke my record for the time it took to get out of bed and downstairs of my flat. It all happened in 300 seconds and between this time, I made my bed, brush my teeth and washed my faced, finished two bread and a cup of soy milk, got dress, wore my shoes and locked the door. -_-'

Today's trip was quite interesting. For the first time, we managed to spot a Mountain Turtle. The kind that lived on land all its life. The color of the shell is so perfectly camouflaged together with the fallen leaves that it is impossible to spot if it was not crossing the road. I have never seen a more beautiful turtle (Yea I know I sound like a loser). Oh and we also spotted a monitor lizard right beside the road. Its not the first time we spotted a monitor lizard at Bukit Timah, but it is the first time we see the lizard hunting for food in its natural habitat. It was climbing onto this fallen log, digging into it probably to find some yummy cockroaches and sticking its head into the log completely oblivion to the fact that there are 2 gawking adults right beside it. Ah Nature!

After the hike we went to have Lunch at the Bukit Timah market and food center. I had an interesting encounter with a Thai lady at the Thai stall. I wanted to order the traditional Phat Thai and at the same time wanted to practice my Thai speaking. I asked her if she speaks thai and she said Chan pood pasa Thai kaa which was really cute! I love the way girls speaks in Thai! Its such a petite language. So I told her Phom yak lean pood pasa thai and she smiled. When the order was done, I asked her "Tao rai" --> How much, and she broke into another huge smile. "See rhean" was her answer. That meant $4. I paid for it and told her "khob khun khrup" which meant Thank you. Oh yea the food was good. The next time round, I'm going to order the glass noodle salad "young moon sen".

After the food, bathing and all I went online again. Time to continue learning how to speak thai. This is my third day learning the language and things are going really well I must say. I can start and hold a conversation as well as answer question now. After today, there is 48 more days to go. Jia you! Spoke to Daniel today, asked him if he wants to chill and shoot some hoops. He said to meet at 6.30 p.m.

Alas! It was raining. We didnt have much to do so we went to a resting shelter below the block. We spoke about school and his younger sister. To be honest Im worried about the sister. She seemed like a really nice person and yet from what I heard from Daniel, she seems to be giving a lot of trouble to her parents (My Gan Ma!). I hope she gets better.

Of course, I also wanted to speak to Daniel about my recent break-up. He is the best pal in the whole world to me. I asked him how he dealt with the break-up he experienced 2 years ago with this totally awesome, match made in heaven girlfriend. He told me he has never got over her and that he just started asking her out again yesterday. -_-' I got plenty of inspiration and thoughts from my conversation with him. His advice for me is to let the relationship go for now. He says that as long as I feel that she is the girl and that I know what I want and that if I find that I still cant get over her because she is the best girl that I have ever known, Date her again in a while. She needs some time alone for herselves and the very least I should do is that. I felt thats good advice. I prayed yesterday that God gives me the courage to carry on and God send me an angel today. =)

He also told me he has learned to bike and has a phantom of his own. I asked him to bring me to the salvation Army in Hillview because I remembered that there is a drum set there for free for the public to play and I wanted to pick up drumming. He did. We then went to play pool and I lost to him 5-1 in a race to 5 game. He has picked up his games by ten notches and Im simply no match for him. We then went to buy drumsticks and I got a pair for $13 dollar.

I am going to give myself 3 months --> 92 days to learn drumming. On top of the 48 days left to pick up thai. And I am going to find a job as well as to train up my body to reach my big goals. The Goal actually. Have to keep myself busy right?

Thats it. Wait for my updates tomorrow. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home