Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 5: Keeping Myself Busy

Woke up at 7.15 a.m today. Asked Hong Siong if he wanted to go have a run and he agreed to. We met at 7.30 a.m. We made our way to Bukit Timah Nature Reserves once again. However, this time, things were a little different.

We ran there.

Yes, no kidding, we ran to the Nature Reserves. The morning breeze felt cool, a little chilly but its a comfortable temperature with which to began the run. He took the lead and I followed his pace stopping once to rest at a bus shelter along the way. By the time the two of us reach the Reserves, my legs were burning and I was sweating like a dog. Thats alright though... good morning exercise!

Hong Siong is a crazy guy. He attempted to run up the steep slope and failed miserably. Ended walking up the rest of the way. Full marks for effort though. We then decided to take one of the forest path for additional exercise and I led the way because I was familiar with the forest tracks. Tracking with him is a different experience as is tracking with my mom or my brother. We moved through the paths really quickly. We were hoping to glance at some exotic wildlife but all we saw were monkeys. There wasn't much animals out to greet us, all sleeping probably. Only the really enthusiastic or the heartbroken wakes up this early to exercise... Correction: Only the really enthusiastic or the heartbroken or the heartbroken's pals wakes up this early to exercise. Hee hee.

Another thing about Hong Siong is that he talks a lot. As we are tracking along the path, we spoke about many things and everything! He told me about the ancient history of China and how they waged war on 8 different countries and ended up losing badly, having their royal palace burnt as a result. We spoke about Redang island in Malaysia and all that the place have to offer. From his description it seems like a really nice place to visit and I'll be sure to go there in a few more months. We spoke about the recent fugitive/terrorist/JI member that escaped from the internal security department in Singapore and is now hiding in Bukit Timah.

I reckon if there is one place to hide in Bukit Timah, it is going to be the Nature Reserve. Hence we try to keep as silent as we can from that moment on. Ah!!

We spoke about many other things including videos of executions, of terrorist slowly sharpening his butter knife using the head of an innocent person and the trauma it had on him as he watched the video when he was really young. We spoke about what a good basketballer should posses and how by doing certain routines, we can dramatically improve our game. Well it was nice to really chat/talk about something other then how me and WGLP broke up for once. =)

Had lunch at Bukit Timah Market and Food center, took bus 985 back home. *We cant run no more...

After bathing, came online like I usually do and got on with my Thai language speaking lesson. After today, there is going to be 47 more days left with which to learn Thai. I think Im settling in at a good pace now. Spoke with Oil today again and he was really helpful. He taught me all I needed to know and I learn a few new words today. One of them is buea --> Bored. Yea that is going to really apply for me.

Well went downstairs to workout at 6.45p.m. Today's game was ok. I think I have matured in my game and has become more consistent now. Fatigue set in at around 9.30p.m and I rested till 10p.m. I am going to give myself a break on Saturday. I am going to work out on Sunday to play badminton with my family. Cant wait to spend quality time with them. On Monday morning I will meet William for a work-out at Bukit Timah Nature Reserves at 8a.m. Then I will make my way down the the ICA to settle some passport issues. On Tuesday I will meet William again at 11pm. He is going to teach me some basic of drumming. Ah...

47 more days to learn Thai, 91 more days to learn Drums. Oh yea Bring It On!

After what I've been through. This song became really special so Im sharing it with yall!
How can I just let you walk away
Just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking Every breath with you oohhhh
You're the only one Who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears
You're the only one
Who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
There's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
So take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me, is against the odds
And that's what I've got to faceeeee

I wish I could just make you turn around
Turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you
So many reasons why
You're the only one
Who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
There's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
So Take a look at me now
Cause there's just an empty space
But to wait for you is All I can do
And that's what I've got to face.

Take a good look at me now
'Cause l'll still be standing (standing here)
And you coming back to me is against all odds
That's the chance I've got to take (chance I got to take, got to takeeee)

Yeahhhhh
Take A look at me now(Take A Look at me nowwwww)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home