Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 18: God sends me two lovely blessed Owls.

Woke up today at 9.15a.m by mom. She asked me if I wanted to go for a Hike at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. I said no and went back to sleep.

As I turn around and pulled the blanket over my head, I asked myself why I said no to mom. Was it because I was lazy? Was it because I was too tired? What was it. Oh yea... My answer to my own question was... "Yes you are lazy. Get up."

So I raised my voice so that my voice could be heard all the way to the kitchen. "Mom wait for me!"

Got up, bathe and got dressed, grabbed a small sandwhich and out the door I am on the way to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. We hike along Catchment path and when we paused to rest at one of the shelter, we spotted two Owls, perched on one of the branch, side by side almost touching, not moving as if they were sleeping soundly. It was a sweet sight. Now, it was not easy to spot those owls, they are a rare sight in the forest and few have ever spotted them. This is the first time I spotted them since I started hiking here 10 years ago. Thats right, I first stepped into the forest when I was like 10 years old.

As we moved through the forest, we met some of mom hiking buddies whom we always met at the Nature reserve, we ended up hiking together. Just then, it began to rain and we started searching for a shelter to keep us from getting drenched. As we were on the main track and the nearest shelter is in the forest, we ventured off path again and ended up at the shelter where we have seen the owls.

They were still there. Two of them, side by side almost touching and unmoving. The rain was pouring down on and yet, they did not move an inch. They were there on the branches and we were at the shelter, looking and admiring the sight. Soon, the rain stopped and the Sun came out again and we decided to move on.

Met some Monkeys along the way.

Come to think of it, the two Owls did gave me quite a bit of inspiration. Did God send these two blessed Owls to me to remind me that be it rain or shine, be there however much problems ahead or how much riches lies before me, to never run away from my partner and to stick with her through all the troubles, unmoving, rock steady, to be a pillar of strength and comfort to her just like God did to me? Eugenia Darling I'll stick with you through any endless downpour and any obstacles you faced and I'll be there to support you when times are rough or when no body believe you be I a lover or a friend. I'll always love you.

Came back in the afternoon, expected a call from Angela but she didn't call back. I think I would have to ring her tomorrow to arrange a meeting. Caught the movie Atonement in the evening. It was a really nice sad show with a great ending, beautiful costume, sets and wonderful acting. It totally deserves the Awards in the Academy awards. Keira Knightley Rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home