Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 20, Day 21, Day 22: Mighty Weekend - As He is so are You in this world! - Continuation

There were some problems with the uploading of pictures. Look at the entry below: Sunday March 16 before continuing with this post to get a complete picture. =)

Anyway here are the pictures of the Sanddab or a fish that is similar in species. Spot the eyes? Next on the list is another huge crab... Turbo something, I forgot the name but gosh I would love to try this the next time I come back to the restaruant. The whole tank could only fit three of these. My last two pictures show the beautiful pure white Snow crab and abalone as it is before it is on the plate. :P








After dinner we took a walk at the nearby village and walkway. It was a nice sight. Nearby the Kampong there was a swampy mangrove and we took some nice pictures there. Everything was well preserved and definitly worth a trip to see and experience for yourself.





Then it was home sweet home, back on the bus...

Reached Gombak at exactly 8.00p.m. As usual, my crazy friends decided they did not have enough fun and went downstairs immediately to throw some hoops, urgeing me to go along... Peer pressured... Went down and within 10 mins, it rained. So I thought I can finally go home. But no, my crazy friends decided that no rain can stop their fun so they called another fellow basketballer who drives a van down and we took the van to the indoor court.
Indoor court has more then 20 players so we had to queue and as we already have 10 players ourselves, we have to take turns so did not end up playing much. Came home at 11 plus, got too tired, didn't write on my blog, just settled seom Utopia stuff and went to sleep at around 1a.m. Remember I'm going out with Her again the next day?
Woke up at 7.00a.m. Felt really tired and lethargic but hey! Im going out with HER today... So got up in a gifty, bathed and got dressed in a pair of jeans and black polo Ts and left the house. Left by 7.15a.m. and got there by 8.15a.m. She was slightly late. She wore a Black color sweater with white top underneath, light brown skirt and looks Radiant. When we reached New creation at 8.30a.m, we were told that the place have been filled though service only starts at 9.00a.m. Instead we have a choice of going to the overflow rooms or to the cinema where there is a live showing. We felt that it was quite special having a service in the cinema besides the auditorium and decided to give it a go. Cinema at Suntec is ok la... not bad.
We sat and I gave her the laptop cleaning kit I promised to buy her. At first she was quite hesitant to receive the gift but took it anyway (As I predicted)... Then before long, the service started and after some beautiful Song, Pastor Joseph Prince took to the stand to spread the message of God.
He encouraged the church to pray in tongues and gave many examples of passages from the Bible to back up his point. He says that praying in tongues helps build the temple of god, which is our body. It helps to repair, restore and build the body and it is much the same as praying before eating. To let God restore the nutrients that may be lost in the food. He told us that you cannot stop people from saying negatives or cursing and that cursing satisfy the flesh. He quoted some passages in the bible speaking of horses. The exact quote is this "Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.." He says that the only way to stop cursing, stop saying negatives is to speak in the Tongue, to fill our mouth with The Good. He also says that once we fill our mouth with the good as come from the passage, "Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's" Our youths will be renewed like the eagles back to our adolescent age as was referenced to the hebrew word in the bible. The messaged was powerful and strong and all of us were blessed with a wonderful week.
After coming out of the service, she told me she was hungry and I told her to follow me. She thought I was bringing her to some place expensive and told me that I do not need to spend money on her anymore... She had no idea where I was going to bring her.
I brought her to the Suntec convention centre, 4th storey where there was a food and berverage fair there and it was the last day, hence there was plenty of good deals and freebies around for the stall holders to clear their stock. I learned of this place from my mom who bought dinner from there. I knew she would like the place and sure enough, she withdrew $150 from her bank to spend on this fair.
While walking around and chatting, she told me a little secret of hers, that she has fallen for this Guy called Maverick who is her classmate in School. She told me that Maverick likes her too and the feeling is mutual. She told me that after our break-up and after she has told her close girl friends about it, they starting pairing her with Maverick and the two soon hit off. She told me she would like to get something for him in the food fair and ask me what she should buy for him, Rou Gan or Bird's nest. I told her Rou Gan.
Yes... I admit I was heartbroken... I was sad, dejected but I decided not to let it get to me. I remembered pastor prince telling us that we are all a New Creation and not to spread negatives so I made a silent prayer to bless her and the new guy Maverick with a great love and a sweet one. My heart feel peace and a sense of calmness at the prayer.
Came back home to Bukit Panjang, my hideaway for the weekend, settled my utopia account and watch a movie about ancient china and the Shoulin Monastery with my father and went for dinner. When we came back, caught a Sharks tale on TV and some Taiwan zhong yi jie mou then came back home to sleep with the knowledge that I will be attending an interview the next day at 12.00p.m. at terrapin with Angela.
Woke up at 10.30a.m. today, bathe and dressed in a Long sleeve Eddie bauers shirt and jeans and left the house. Reached Harbourfront tower 1 18 floor at exactly 12.00p.m. noon, definitly on time. She briefed me on what to do the next day and I was quite clear. Basically just give a call to companies on the database, verify their contact information and ask for their Cheif executive officer, their managing director or their head of manufactoring detail and note them down. This was because terrapin is a company that organises international conference and they would like to send invites to company leaders to attend these conference. I was attached to the department of market research and my post was marketing researcher. Hmm... Sounds good!
After the meeting, came back home online to settle my utopia account, spoke to some of my friends online, worked on my blog and go to bed, right about now... Haha.
Bless everyone I know lord, abba, father... especially my brother, my father and mother and Eugenia and Maverick. You have a plan for all of us and I believe in you. Thank you for the mighty weekend and Thank you for securing me this job. All the praise goes to you. I will try my best in this job and lord give me a good rest tonight. In Jesus name... Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home