Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 35: Tears in Church - Touched by the words of God

Woke up at 7.30a.m. Left the house, grabbed a bun and was on my way to attend first service at new creation church with Sam Loo. Reached the church just on time, same as last week he reserved a seat for me. First service in New creation consist of the general Auditorium, the overflow rooms, two cinema halls right beside the church and the a convention center hall* I think... We got the seat in one of the cinema. The place was the fifth row left side corner seat.

Notice that there was a girl seating directly 2 rows infront of me, also at the corner seat. She was sitting alone worshipping the lord... It got me thinking... Why would a young, cool looking girl be attending first service, sit in a corner and be alone? Something must be going on in her life...

Got through the wonderful service as usual. As Pastor Jospeh Prince preached his message, the hall was not like its normal self. There was quietness, without the usual laughter and amen. So the pastor shared decided to share with us a little bit more, something extra and out of the messaged. This extra bit meant a whole lot to me. It hit at a spot directly in my heart and I was moved to tears. Praise the lord! I am just going to share this message with all reading my Blog.

He did not show the passage but he was referring to this... "Then two robbers were crucified with Him, one on the right and another on the left. And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads. ... Even the robbers who were crucified with Him reviled Him with the same thing." Matthew 27:38-39,44 and this... "Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us." But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:39-43.

Why was I moved to tears by this you ask? Well it was what the pastor said. He says that there was a message that we should get out of this. The first robber was living in the past. He was condemned by his Guilt. The past is robbing him of the present. It was robbing him of the quality of life. It was robbing him of ALL THE GOOD, all the blessings, all the benefits, why? Because he was living in the past. He blames himself, he condemns himself in the process giving the devil to have the power and space to work with. The devil was originally unarmed by God on the cross but the robber was putting the weapon right back into the Devil's arm. He could have received Jesus right there and then but he did not. Why not? Because he had condemnation in his heart. His past actions played a part in influencing his desicion not to accpet Jesus and he did not understand that Jesus is the center of everything. I short, the first robber was living a life of If only... If only I have done this... If only I have done that...

It got me thinking about my breakup with Eugenia... It got me thinking of the If only... If only I do this... I will still have her by my side, attending this service with me... If only I do that, we would not have separated... This matter was heavy in my heart always. I then thought about how it was affecting my quality of life, how condemning myself covering me from all the benefits of the lord, of an improve quality of life, of quality friends and loving family. I realise that I was living in the past... Immediately, my thought was... I shall stop living in the past. I shall live in the future. Maybe we'll get back together some day. Maybe...

The pastor then followed up with the second robber. Yes, he say was the second Robber pure? No he was not. He was living in the future... Christianity is about living in the NOW. He says that the the second robber was living in the future... To him, it is the same, his life is all about what if... What if I do this.... What if I do that.... It got me thinking... What if I do this... maybe we'll still be together... The only difference between this two robbers is... That one received him. One rejected him. Thats is the only Sin. The Sin of Rejection of Christ.

The he says... What we should do is to live in the now. Receive him now, and be cleared of condemnation. Who is he who Condemns! Says Paul in Heaven, hell and Earth. WHo is he who condemns, If you have Christ in you, who is he who condemns you! Who is he who gives you disease! Who is he who critizes you, who is he who beat you down with false accusation. No one. No one can come against the righteousness of God and the Righteousness of God's only Son and the bible says "As he is, so are you in this world" referring to Jesus Christ so if God is incorruptible, so are you.

Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home