Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 8: Brand New Week

Had the plan of wake up at 10.30a.m today. Had the plan of meeting Her for lunch then going over to the immigration checkpoint authority to check on the progression of the making of my passport. Had also planned to meet up with William for a drumming session at 4.pm.

Instead, my handphone went flat and I overslept by half an hour. Woke up at 11a.m. Having sent her a SMS the previous night asking her for lunch the next day since the Immigration checkpoint authority was nearby her work place, I have not seen her reply. Furthermore, my handphone was flat hence I needed to inject some life into it. No choice, I woke up immediately, cleaned up, got dressed and left the house for Bukit Gombak to reach my charger.

As I was charging the phone, I came online and saw her. She told me that she cannot make it for lunch at 1p.m. She can only eat at 12.0op.m and at the time of the private message, it was already 11.45a.m hence there will be no lunch with her. I said I was alright with that and we can always have lunch another day. She also spoke to me about a problem she faced during work with her bosses. Strangely, listening to her confide in me makes me feel very comforted. There's probably something wrong with my head. Since there was no lunch, I left the house at 1.30p.m to the Immigration Checkpoint authority.

Praise the lord I was told by the officer there that the collection of the passort from those that applied on the 28th of Jan is tomorrow, the 3rd of March. That means I have to go down to the place again tomorrow to collect my passport. Maybe this time I'll get to have lunch with Her.

Went to the salvation army to meet up with William for the drumming lesson. When we reach there we realise that the place have been cleared up because they are going to have an examination for foreign students hence there was no drums sets for the public to play. We ended up paying $14 at Alvaron studio nearby for an hour of drumming lesson. Instead, we got to play for 1 and a half hour because the studio guy lost track of time. William taught me the basics of playing the drums. He told me the different components, mainly the hi hat, the 3 toms, high medium low, the snare, the base drum and the two crash. He taught me the basics beat which I quickly pick up because I used to have some lessons from another friend. He also taught me a few simple tricks I can use during breaks to make things sounds nicer. It was a wonderful experience albeit a costly one.

Came home, had dinner and read the papers. Chilled out with Steven and went on a stroll with him after dinner. I think I'm going to rest early. Tomorrow morning, I am going to work out at Bukit Timah Nature Reserves in the morning, go to have lunch with Her, visit the Immigration checkpoint authority and if all goes well, get to have another drumming lesson with William. Lets see how things go.

"A happy man is just a sad man with a smile" - Steven Lim Chee Yong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home