Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 76: I Survived Bioharzard level 300 with a Mask

Woke up quite early today. Had to go to work helping someone pack and move their things. Its a Medicine hall located at Clarke Quay, took a cab there which cost $15 bucks. Pay was suppose to be $10 per hour for 8 hours. Lunch included. Done deal!

Came earlier then the starting time 10. Decided to try to walk and find the Sketches restaruant at Robertson Walk but just cant seemed to find it anywhere. Then gave up and proceeded to the Medicine Hall for my work. Started with packing things into box, helping the Uncle to paste and stick the box together. Then moved on to helping me to throw out all the useless old stuff from Decades ago. Then was lunch time which Uncle treat me to Char Chai Peng. Not bad larr....

Then after lunch it was rest for a bit then came the tough part. I had to clean containers after containers of Medicine stored 60 years ago piled with layers and layers of Dust such that silver fishes can be seen in the midst of all the dust and Spiders and Small insects are crawling about all over the places. I had to brush away the dust and use a tower and a pail of water to slowly wipe all the containers till they are clean. I think I must have moved through 50 Containers. I had to wear a mask to prevent contamination. Thank god my hands dun have cuts if not I would have gotten an Infection from all that dust confirm + chop.

Then he paid me the $80 bucks he promised and off I am. I was suppose to meet my mother, Dad and my brother. They wanted to bring me to a nice place to eat dinner and celebrate Mother's Day and My Birthday together. But before doing that I decided to really check out where Sketches is so that I wont get lost on Monday. Thank God I did because I Spent one hour and 15 mins walking around before I find that place. Unbelivable.

That place looks quite cool. Got a card from them.

Then off in a cab I was to Junction 8 for dinner. There this Long Queue Dim Sum restaruant at the basement at the new block. It was LONG QUEUE de lorrr!!! When we reached the place the waiting number was 160 and we were like 194. Got 30 more seats in front of us!

But it was an unbelivable dinner. The food was great and I had a great time eating the stuff there. The Xiao Long Bao was Shiok de! First time I actually tasted the soup in the Xiao Long Bao and it was amazing! And we had many other delicious food there too. The dinner amounted to over $100 for 4 person which I think is quite reasonable. Now one more thing to add to my arsenal of good places to eat!

Before dinner we bought mom two carnations and a small box of Dark Almond Chocolates. It is a modest gift but the look on her face was priceless. We know she loves us and God Bless Her!

Great Dinner, Cash in my pockets, a date on my birthday, a Good job and a great Future. What more can I ask for? Thank you God for all the things that you have bestowed upon me. I love you. I place my Life in your hands. Thank you for dying on the cross so that we will be cleared of sins and be righteous. You are my great God.

All praise to you and you alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home